Friday, December 28, 2007

Benazir Bhutto's death

Benazir Bhutto's death is sad beyond grief for her family and for people who loved her. It is sad for government in general and sad for that region and for the world. Not that I knew so much about her that I think that she was obviously the best person to run the country or anything like that, although, thanks to NPR I did hear a lot about her and heard several interviews with her. It is just the principle that she was killed so that she couldn't even challenge who was running the country. So that she couldn't even try. That she was controlled and her supporters and the citizens of Pakistan were controlled by violence. That is sad beyond grief and I will mourn the freedom that was lost with her death.

There is no way to say that without sounding cheesy. I tried to think of something else.

No comments: